The Catholic Charities Atlanta Gala is an annual event and is the agency’s largest fundraiser with over 500 attendees each year. In its 6 year history, the annual Gala has raised collectively over $1.2 million – funds which go directly to the programs and services that CCA provides to its clients in need.
2014 Event Details
Saturday, April 26, 2014
6:30- 11:30 pm
200 Peachtree Street, NW,
Atlanta, GA 30303
Gala Chairs: Mr. and Mrs. Mark McMullen
2014 Event Highlights
· Seated dinner catered by Affairs To Remember—Martha Stewart’s choice of caterer for the Southeast Region.
· Dance the night away to The Rupert’s Orchestra, which boasts some of the finest talent from around the nation.
· A silent auction with about 150 items including art, restaurant certificates, tickets to sporting events, personal indulgences, travel, wine, and much more, in a variety of price ranges.
· A live auction with a witty and entertaining auctioneer, featuring one-of-a-kind items to bid on.
· Young talent, Sean VanMeter, a classically trained pianist, will play during the cocktail reception.
2014 Archbishop Donoghue Award Honoree
The Knights of Columbus Georgia State Council
The Knights of Columbus in Georgia have a long history of service. There are 106 councils in the state of Georgia with over 16,000 members. Although each council provides varied service work in their individual communities, many Knights of Columbus councils support the state’s key programs which include: Camp Inspire, the Ultrasound Initiative, Coats for Kids, Frontline Faith, and the Wheelchair Fund.
The Archbishop Donoghue Award is presented each year at the Gala to exceptional individuals who demonstrate qualities of selfless service and devotion to helping others in need. The award recognizes acts of charity, compassion and contributions that have significantly impacted individuals, families and children living in Atlanta and North Georgia.
If you have questions related to the Gala, please contact our Development Office at 404-920-7758 or email@example.com.
Browse our 2011 Gala Event Photo Library. Special thanks to our event photographer, Catherine Love for chronicling a fantastic evening.
Spotlight on Silent Auction
We had some fabulous silent auction items for the 2013 Gala such as:
- Ezulwini South Africa Safari Package
- Signed Brian McCann Photograph
- “Party of 5″ Dinner and Drinks with Archbishop Gregory at La Grotta Ristorante Italiano
- One Night Weekend Bed and Breakfast Package at Four Seasons Hotel in Atlanta
- Private Wine Tasting for 20 Via Total Wine
- 4 One-Day Park Hopper Passes at Disney’s Theme Parks
Catholic Charities Atlanta is very grateful to the generous sponsors who help us make this annual event possible. Through you or your company’s gracious gifts, your donation ensures that our programs and services can continue to provide help and create hope for many in our community.